Restorative dentistry focuses on the function and foundation of your long term dental health. Healthy gums and teeth are what set the solid groundwork for a beautiful and confident smile that also supports your best quality of life and physical well-being. Through restorative dental treatments, patients can address tooth damage and missing teeth. Dr. J. Eric Hires and his team of professionals at Hires Dental Care in the Sylvania Township, OH area are highly skilled in restorative dentistry and will ensure personalized and comprehensive treatment for a total smile reconstruction.
Restorative Dentistry Treatments
After a thorough examination, Dr. Hires will discuss with you the available options, and recommend what we believe to be the most comfortable and least invasive treatment. Dr. Hires offers personalized dental care and will work you to build a treatment plans that fits within your budget, complements your lifestyle, and meets your goals and needs. We offer the range of restorative dentistry necessary to meet your needs and bring back your natural smile including:
- Dental implants – A dental implant is used when patients are missing teeth. It is a titanium post that is surgically implanted into the jaw bone beneath the gum line. This titanium post will act as the tooth root providing a strong foundation for the replacement tooth. Then we will use that to attach a replacement tooth. Dental implants do not come loose like dentures and can last a lifetime if cared for properly along with regular dental visits. We place all types of dental implants to meet your unique needs. Dr. Hires has extensive training in implant dentistry and performs all phases of treatment in the comfort of our Sylvania Township, OH dentist office.
- Dental crown – A dental crown is one of the most widely used restorations in dentistry today. Often referred to as a tooth cap or tooth crown, it is used to restore cracked teeth, crooked teeth, and teeth that have been compromised by cavities. The dental crown covers the entire tooth, like a cap, and is permanently cemented into place. It protects and strengthens tooth structure that cannot be restored with dental fillings or other types of restorations.
- Dentures and partials – Dentures are false teeth that were traditionally the only option for people missing most or all of their teeth. They are made in a dental lab with impressions of your mouth. Dentures are made up of a base that is typically made of acrylic resin and metal that will rest on your gums. The teeth portion are attached to the base and typically made of plastic or porcelain but can differ depending on quality, color and size.
- TMJ therapy – The Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) is the joint that acts like a sliding hinge because it connects your jawbone to your skull. This joint is present on both sides of your jaw and is responsible for the opening and closing of the mouth. TMJ disorder, or TMD, is a catch all term for a wide variety of potential issues affecting the jaw joint, muscles in the face, neck, and surrounding nerves. TMJ disorder can cause some people a lot of pain in their jaw joints and the surrounding muscles.
- Root canal – Root canal therapy is utilized to restore health to a damaged or diseased tooth. It is a conservative alternative to a tooth extraction. An access opening is made on top of the tooth and slowly Dr. Hires will remove all the diseased tissue. Once the tooth is thoroughly cleaned, it will be sealed with either a permanent filling or, if additional appointments are needed, a temporary filling will be placed.
- Tooth extraction – A tooth extraction may be recommended to address severe tooth decay, damage or to resolve overcrowding of teeth. A tooth extraction is used only when necessary. A tooth extraction might also be used to address impacted wisdom teeth.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are searching for a dentist that offers restorative dentistry in the Sylvania Township, OH, Perrysburg, OH and Toledo, OH area, contact Hires Dental Care today. Schedule a consultation to learn what the best dental treatments are for you. Whether you need a family dentist or you suffer from complex dental issues, Hires Dental Care is here here to help you.